Information on Scholarships:
The Charles A. Farnham Business Scholarship is in honor of an individual who was very active with the Sauk Valley Area Chamber of Commerce. Mr. Farnham’s professional background and employment focus was in industrial relations at Northwestern Steel and Wire where he was a Vice-President. Individuals who are pursuing a curriculum of business or industrial relations or an approved business/industrial relations field are eligible to apply for this one year, $1000.00 scholarship. This year The Student must be attending Newman Central Catholic High School, Rock Falls High School, or Sterling High School. The application deadline for the Charles A. Farnham Scholarship is April 1, 2021.
The Agricultural Scholarship is awarded by the Sauk Valley Area Chamber of Commerce Agribusiness Committee. The SVACC Agribusiness Scholarships are available for any student attending high school in the Whiteside Area Career Center Service Area and pursuing a career pathway in the field of agriculture. The Agri-Business Committee will award several scholarships in the following categories:
- A minimum of $1,500.00 in scholarships to a student attending an accredited 4-year college or university. This application is for a one-year scholarship.
- A minimum of $750.00 in scholarships to a student attending Sauk Valley Community College. This application is for a one-year scholarship.
- A minimum of $750.00 in scholarship to a student attended an accredited community college or 2-year college. This application is for a one-year scholarship. The application deadline for the Agriculture Scholarship is March is March 1, 2021.
Manufacturing Pathway: The SVACC Manufacturing Scholarship. This scholarship is open to students who are current Seniors in a WACC high school, a current student at Sauk Valley Community College or Morrison Institute of Technology, or a current resident of the Sauk Valley area who will be attending SVCC or MIT and pursuing a career in a manufacturing related field. This application is for a one-year, $500.00 scholarship. Several scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $500.00 each.
- Agricultural Scholarship Application
- Charles A. Farnham Scholarship Application
- Manufacturing Scholarship
Click here for 2021 Tri-County Opportunities Council Scholarships
Mark Your Calendar