The Sauk Valley Area is located 100 miles west of Chicago, in Northwestern Illinois. The three major communities of Dixon, Sterling and Rock Falls, as well as numerous smaller communities, make up this scenic area, while the larger metro markets of Rockford and the Quad Cities are less than 60 miles away.
With this close proximity to major metro markets, the Sauk Valley area has become primarily an agricultural and manufacturing region. This prime location has made the Sauk Valley Area a desirable market for commerce, retail trade, tourism and housing. Along with a thriving industry, the Sauk Valley Area offers an abundance of recreational opportunities along the scenic Rock River. (Source: Sauk Valley Area Resource Guide/The Village Profile)
Real Estate, Moving, and Storage Options
Please see our membership directory for more information regarding real estate, moving, and storage options while relocating to the Sauk Valley area.
Return to Your Roots
Welcome Home Sauk Valley is a collaborative initiative between Sauk Valley Area Chamber of Commerce, Sterling Main Street, and Sauk Valley Community College to remind past residents why the Sauk Valley area is a great place to call home with the goal of enticing individuals to come home to the Sauk Valley community. Click here to view the full initiative, area events, job openings, and more.
City & County Information
- Police Department - 212 Third Avenue - 815-622-6640
- Fire Department - 110 W. Fifth Street - 815-626-0154
- Ambulance - 100 E. LeFevre - 815-626-6649
- CGH Medical Center - 100 E. LeFevre - 815-625-0400
- Sterling Public Library - 102 W. Fourth Street - 815-625-1370
- Sterling Office - 408 Third Avenue - 815-625-0812
- Sterling City Hall - 212 Third Avenue - 815-622-2221
- Police Department - 603 W. 10th Street - 815-622-1140
- Fire Department - 603 W. 10th Street - 815-622-1135
- Animal Control - 603 W. 10th Street - 815-625-3507
- Rock Falls Library - 603 W. 10th Street - 815-626-3958
- Rock Falls Post Office - 210 Second Avenue - 815-626-0515
- Rock Falls City Hall - 603 W. 10th Street - 815-622-1100
- Whiteside County Clerk - 200 E. Knox Street, Morrison - 815-772-5189
- Whiteside County Treasurer - 200 E. Knox Street, Morrison - 815-772-5196
- Whiteside County Animal Control - 2350 Lynn Blvd, Sterling - 815-625-3507
- Whiteside County Sheriff's Department - 400 N. Cherry St., Morrison - 815-772-4044
Looking for a rental home, apartment, or property in the Sauk Valley? The contacts below may be able to help:
Madeline Rae Properties 815-499-7746
Sterling Corporate Rentals (Chandra Meyer Howard) 815-716-6150
Kurt and Brian Properties 815-535-7947
FTH Holdings (Carol Corwell) 815-441-1460
Corwell Family Properties (Jeff Corwell) 815-441-1460
Schools in the Sauk Valley area and neighboring communities are second to none. If you have school age children and are considering a move, then the Sauk Valley is the right place for you. High standards of education start at the elementary level and continue all the way through the community colleges in the area. Click on the school below to view their website and information.
- East Coloma School District #12
- Montmorency School District #145
- Rock Falls Elementary School District #13
- Rock Falls Township High School District #301
- Sterling Public Schools
- Whiteside Area Career Center
- Christ Lutheran School
- Newman Central Catholic High School
- St. Andrew Catholic Elementary School
- St. Mary's Grade School and Community Catholic Middle School
- Woodlawn Arts Academy
- Sauk Valley Community College
- St. Ambrose University
- Blackhawk College
- Morrison Institute of Technology
Comcast is the area's cable television provider.
Call toll-free at 888-736-6608
Comcast Business Services, contact Chris O'Haver, 815-558-7241
Commonwealth Edison (ComEd) is Sterling's electric provider.
Call toll-free at 800-334-7661
Rock Falls Electric Department - 815-622-1145
Nicor is the area's natural gas provider.
Call toll-free at 888-642-6748
The City of Sterling provides wastewater treatment services.
For service questions call 815-632-2232, for billing questions call Illinois American Water at 815-625-0017. You do not have to sign up for sewer service; it is automatically created when your water service begins.
Rock Falls Sewer Department- 815-622-1115
AT&T is the area's local phone service provider.
To establish service, call 800-288-2020
Illinois-American Water Company is Sterling's provider.
Rock Falls Water Department - 815-622-1116
Drivers License Registration
Illinois Secretary of State
1224 W. 4th Street
Sterling, IL 61081
City of Sterling City Clerk
212 3rd Avenue
Sterling, IL 61081
Parks and Recreation
The Sauk Valley area offers more than 20 different denominations at more than 70 churches for area residents and visitors to attend. The variety of religious entities has helped our community share numerous faiths with friends, families and visitors.
All are welcome who wish to join any service for worship within the community.
Visit the membership directory to note which faith communities are members of the SVACC.
Mark Your Calendar