A note from the Director: The SVACC is committed to the health and well being of our community. As a chamber, it is our job to keep our members informed and provide resources. We certainly are not experts on the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. However, we can provide you with information, connections, and links to officials who do have knowledge and resources during this time. We will continue to monitor the situation and attempt to keep our members up-to-date on pertinent information as it relates to your businesses and industries. If you have any questions, please let us know and we will do our best to make the proper connections to help find answers for you.
Below you will find links to relevant organizations and information to help you and your business through this time.
Health Care Resources:
City of Sterling Resources
State of Illinois Resources
Loans and Grants
Other State Resources:
Personal Assistance Resources:
Small Business Administration Disaster Resources:
U.S. Chamber Resources:
Illinois Chamber of Commerce Webinars:
- 6/2 Back to Work in Real Life After COVID-19: Getting Employees Heads Back in the Game in an Office (Webinar)
- 6/4 In the Eye of the COVID-19 Crisis: Coping Mechanisms and Ways to Reduce Stress (Webinar)
- 6/5 COVID-19 & the Global Supply Chain: Insurance Coverage for Loss Caused by Disruption of Your Business Due to the Pandemic (Webinar)
- 6/9 Administrative Rulemaking in Illinois – What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You (Webinar)
- 6/16 Ransomware in Real Time: The Anatomy of an Event and 8 Steps You can Take Right Now to Prepare (Webinar)
- 6/16 COVID-19 Employment Litigation Trends (Webinar) NEW EVENT
- 6/17 Mid-Year Virtual Doing Business in Illinois Summit (Zoom Meeting)
- 6/17 Cannabis in the Workplace: Legal Considerations | Recognizing Signs/Symptoms and Navigating the Conversation (Webinar)
- 6/30 Independent Contractors, Interns, Temporary Workers, & Leased Employees (Webinar) NEW EVENT
- 7/7 Employer’s Obligations Regarding Employees in Military Service (Webinar) This event was previously on June 5 as a seminar. NEW EVENT
- 7/22 The Aging Workforce (Webinar)
- 7/22 HR Roundtable (Lisle, IL)
- 7/28 Workplace Reasonable Suspicion Training: Don't be Left in a Haze (Rock Island, IL) This event was previously June 25th.
- 11/13 3rd Annual Women in Business Conference (Naperville, IL) This event was previously June 19th.