The Whiteside County Healthier Communities Partnership has created a Business Pledge for our local businesses/organizations/agencies that are deemed WHITESIDE COUNTY SAFE during COVID-19. The general community is looking for listings of SAFE establishments to visit, who are abiding by all the recommended safety precautions. If you take the pledge at the link below, you will receive a framed pledge for your business, a poster for your door, access to other signs and materials, and a listing on this web page. The area chambers and other partnership agencies will spread the word on Facebook and other social media, listing you as a “SAFE” business.
Take the Pledge:https://www.cghmc.com/wchcp/
A note from the Director: The SVACC is committed to the health and well being of our community. As a chamber, it is our job to keep our members informed and provide resources. We certainly are not experts on the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. However, we can provide you with information, connections, and links to officials who do have knowledge and resources during this time. We will continue to monitor the situation and attempt to keep our members up-to-date on pertinent information as it relates to your businesses and industries. If you have any questions, please let us know and we will do our best to make the proper connections to help find answers for you.
Below you will find links to relevant organizations and information to help you and your business through this time.
Health Care Resources:
City of Sterling Resources
State of Illinois Resources Loans and Grants
Personal Assistance Resources:
Small Business Administration Disaster Resources:
U.S. Chamber Resources:
Illinois Chamber of Commerce Webinars:
- 1/12 MANAGING THE REMOTE WORKFORCE (Webinar)
- 1/13 The COVID-19 Rebuttable Presumption for Workers Compensation (Webinar)
- 1/20 HR Roundtable (Microsoft Teams)
- 1/27 Looking Ahead: Need-to-Know COVID-19 Employment Issues for the New Year (Webinar) NEW EVENT
- 1/27 How to Play the Game: Opportunities and Pitfalls in a “Gamified” Workplace (Webinar) NEW EVENT
- 1/28 Drafting and Litigating Restrictive Employment Covenants (Webinar) NEW EVENT